THE HEART AND SCIENCE OF YOGA
THE AMERICAN MEDITATION INSTITUTE’S
Empowering Self-Care Program for a Happy, Healthy, Joyful Life
by Leonard Perlmutter
with Jenness Cortez Perlmutter
20 Media Questions for the Press
- You claim that Yoga is essentially a science. What does that mean?
- What is the “Bridge of Yoga”?
- You often quote Albert Einstein. What relevance does a physicist have to Yoga?
- What motivated you to learn about Yoga Science and meditation?
- What kind of benefits have you experienced in your own life from meditation?
- Your book looks like an encyclopedia. Do people have to read and practice the entire book to benefit?
- How can meditation reduce and eliminate stress, burnout and illness?
- What do you mean when you say, “Our perceptions are skewed by our conceptions”?
- Why do you think people are so fearful and angry these days? Can AMI Meditation really help?
- What’s a philosophy of life, and how would people benefit from being guided by one?
- What do you mean when you say that D = E + W + C is the secret formula for happiness?
- Describe a Yoga Science practice that’s easy––and that people can quickly benefit from?
- Why has your teaching received certification from the American Medical Association and American Nurses Association?
- Can you define the term “guru”?
- Does Yoga Science conflict with any particular religions?
- What does the attainment of “Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness” have to do with the science of Yoga?
- Can the practice of Yoga Science and AMI Meditation really help establish world peace?
- Why should people listen to what you are saying?
- How can people learn more about your teaching?
- Where can people purchase your book?
Social Networking Connections
- The American Meditation Institute and AMI Publishers actively post news releases every week on LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Leonard posts a Facebook Live video every Thursday morning at 7:30AM
- 5 1/2 Hour Online Video Course: COMPREHENSIVE MEDITATION AND EASY-GENTLE YOGA
In this 40 segment video Leonard Perlmutter leads you through the entire curriculum contained in the revised and expanded paperback edition of The Heart and Science of Yoga. This the perfect companion for learning and practicing the world’s oldest and most effective holistic mind/body medicine.
- Leonard Perlmutter is the author of Transformation, the quarterly journal of meditation as holistic mind/body medicine.
- Each July, Leonard Perlmutter hosts his annual summer retreat at The American Meditation Institute in Averill Park, New York. The curriculum presented at this four-day intensive is based on the award-winning paperback book, The Heart and Science of Yoga.
- Each year in late October Leonard Perlmutter and the AMI faculty present a five-day comprehensive training for physicians and other healthcare providers at the Cranwell Resort and Spa in Lenox, Massachusetts, based on the award-winning book, The Heart and Science of Yoga.
- Throughout the year Leonard presents numerous online distance-learning courses that stream different aspects of The Heart and Science of Yoga curriculum in real time. Students around the world regularly attend his popular “Yoga Psychology” online course in which he examines and explains the perennial and practical psychology of the Bhagavad Gita scripture.
SELF HELP / PERSONAL GROWTH
Publication Date: March 1, 2017
Perfect Bind, 9 by 6 inches
4 Color Cover 560 pages
86 B&W Photographs and 19 Illustrations
2nd Edition––Revised and Expanded