THE HEART AND SCIENCE OF YOGA
THE AMERICAN MEDITATION INSTITUTE’S
Empowering Self-Care Program for a Happy, Healthy, Joyful Life
by Leonard Perlmutter
with Jenness Cortez Perlmutter
Throughout the history of humankind, the eternal truth of yoga science has been re-told and re-experienced within the culture and idiom of changing times. Because this truth is universal and democratic many individuals in every age have realized the freedom of enlightenment without ever hearing the word “yoga” or knowing anything about Eastern philosophy. Nevertheless the science and philosophy of yoga can provide encouragement and concrete guidance to seekers in every culture, tradition and religion. Because of the integrated nature of yoga, regardless of which doorway a person first enters, spiritual practice eventually leads that individual through all the doors.
- Bhakti Yoga is the path of devotion––a spiritual practice in which an individual worships a deity primarily through chant, prayer, song and ritual.
- Karma Yoga is the path of selfless service––giving away the fruit of one’s actions.
- Hatha Yoga, the yoga of physical postures and breath work, is a pathway to Self-realization primarily for individuals who have a natural athletic and physical orientation.
- Jnana Yoga and meditation (the yoga of wisdom through discrimination) is primarily for individuals who are eager to find answers to such questions as: Who am I? From where have I come? Why am I here? Where will I go?
- Raja Yoga, the royal eight-fold path of traditional yoga science is a combination of Jnana, Hatha, Bhakti and Karma Yoga. Raja Yoga is the focus for The Heart and Science of Yoga, The American Meditation Institute’s Empowering Self-Care Program for a Happy, Healthy, Joyful Life.
TOP TEN BENEFITS FROM
The Heart and Science of Yoga, The American Meditation Institute’s Empowering Self-Care Program for a Happy, Healthy, Joyful Life.
Reduce stress, anxiety and worry
Enhance your immune system
Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
End unnecessary health care costs
Lower blood pressure and reduce pain
Increase energy, focus and creativity
Learn how to love yourself
Resolve marriage and family issues
Cultivate loving, nurturing relationships
Realize your Divine Self and life purpose
SELF HELP / PERSONAL GROWTH
Publication Date: March 1, 2017
Perfect Bind, 9 by 6 inches
4 Color Cover 560 pages
86 B&W Photographs and 19 Illustrations
2nd Edition––Revised and Expanded